The SQL Transaction Log reader is a standalone utility, which helps to view SQL server transaction log files without any difficulty. It is capable enough to preview LDF activity, including Transaction, Time, Name, Query and Table Name.
Moreover, it allows a user to fetch and display all records from the live database. This application offers an option to filter and export as SQL database, as SQL script or CSV file format. It supports to analyze one or more NDF data files without losing a single bit of data. Also, it is compatible with all latest Windows versions, including Windows 10 and its below versions.
SQL Transaction Log reader Tool: Demo vs Licensed
The SQL Log viewer is available in two different versions i.e., Demo and Licensed Version. Let us have a look:
- Demo Version: The demo version of the software is freely available for download and supports to preview of SQL Server Transactions (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE), preview Login users that has made changes on database tables, transaction Query, Time. But, doesn’t allow to export Transaction details for recovery purpose.
- Licensed Version: The licensed version of SQL Transaction Log reader tool permit users to preview all the records within the database. Moreover, it can open and read the complete log activity in SQL server database. Also, it allow you to export all tables data along with deleted records direct in SQL Server Database or SQL Server Compatible script or CSV format.
The Demo version of this SQL Log Recovery available for download in SysTools Group Official Website
What is New Added in SQL Log Reader Tool to Explore LDF
- Allows to View Multiple LDF Files: SQL LDF File Viewer permits you to open and read multiple transaction log files activity in single go. For this, you just need to add parent .ldf file of your database, if you are scanning with offline option. The software will scan and preview transaction activities of all other .ldf database files of that database.
- Analyze Same record Update
Multiple Times and then Delete: SQL log file reader allow you to preview the transactional activity of same record (Updated multiple times and then Delete). This will allow users to track all the database changes for a specific record.
- Auto Fetch SQL Server Name: While scanning the transaction logs of a specific database with Online DB option,The SQL transaction log reader tool will allow you to click on drop-down button to auto fetch the Server Name. In case, the software doesn’t shows the desired Server Name, then you can enter it manually.
Existing Features of SQL Log Viewer
- Preview All Transaction Records: SQL Server log file viewer scans and load all available tables transactional activities, present in SQL database and creates a preview. It will help to view SQL transaction log file with fields such as Transaction, transaction time, Table name and query. Users can view all records with Login Name Authentication for Insert, Delete, Update etc.
- Option to Sort LDF File Elements: The sorting option is available within SQL Log viewer to re-arrange the order of the listed items. Moreover, users can sort each element according to their properties such as transaction, transaction name, transaction time, table name, and query.
- Scan with Online or Offline Options: The SQL log file viewer offers two different scanning options to read transactional activities of your database. The Online option asks for SQL Server information like: Server Name, Authentication Type. In Offline option, the software will allow you to browse .ldf file along with its associated .mdf file and preview the transaction log activities.
- Export Selective Tables: While moving the SQL LDF file queries, you can check or uncheck all tables for saving only selected data. If you want to restore SQL Log file data from the desired table, then, select and export the desired tables direct to SQL Server Database or SQL Server compatible script or CSV format.
Technical Description of SQL Server LDF Reader Tool
||Intel® Pentium® 1 GHz processor (x86, x64) or equivalent
||Around 2GB (gigabyte) of RAM
|Hard Disk Storage Space
||Minimum 100 MB space for installation
||Windows 10 & all below editions
After considering the overall functionality of the software, we can summarize that SQL Transaction Log Reader is a reliable tool that allows a user to read and view multiple .ldf files. The software is capable enough to view SQL transaction log with fields such as Transaction, transaction time, Table name and query. Regardless, we can say that the SQL log Viewer is a robust software due to its great features.